1. What are the requirements to join the NAACP?
Any persons may become a member by agreeing to abide by the rules and policies of the association and by paying in advance an annual membership fee. There are several types of memberships available to be listed below. Work with activists and organizers in the local NAACP branch.
· Have a desire to support access to quality education, healthcare, economic opportunities.
· Advocate for laws and policies to improve your community.
2. Do I have to be a person of color to join ?
· Absolutely not!
3. What are the membership dues?
· Annual Adult $30.00 | Silver Life Adult- $750, Subscribing $75 | Bronze Full Life-$400, Subscribing $50
· Youth- $15 with Crisis Magazine, $10 without | Youth Life Membership Full Life Bronze- $400, Subscribing $50 | Junior Full Life- $100, Subscribing $25
4.Who do I contact to join the NAACP?
· Membership Chairs – Ed Hairston and Linda Kelley are the membership chairs, however any member can sign you up . You become a member the moment you pay your dues and turn in your membership form.
5. How do I maintain my membership ?
· You maintain your membership by remaining a member in good standing and by keeping your dues current.